Press "Enter" to skip to content

Malfunctioning ice machine caused $23K of damage at Pied Piper Pizza

Pied Piper Pizza in east Vancouver plans to reopen Sunday following a fire earlier this week caused by a malfunctioning ice machine.

Vancouver Fire Marshal Heidi Scarpelli said Friday that a failure in the machine sparked a small fire that caused about $23,000 in damage.

Beyond some smoke and soot in the pizzeria, the damage was contained to the equipment, said owner Cheryl Eggert.

Vancouver fire crews were dispatched 3:18 a.m. Wednesday to Pied Piper Pizza, 12300 Fourth Plain Blvd., for the report of a commercial structure fire.

A single engine initially responded to the call, but firefighters spotted smoke coming from the building and requested additional resources. Four engines and two ladder trucks were dispatched to help, Vancouver Fire Department spokesman Bryan Fredrickson previously told The Columbian.

The fire was extinguished in about 15 minutes, Fredrickson said. Other businesses in the commercial building were not damaged.


Source: https://www.columbian.com

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    %d bloggers like this: