What’s open and closed for Veterans Day:
• GARBAGE: Waste Connections will operate on its regular schedule. In Camas, pickups normally done Monday will be made Tuesday.
• MAIL: No home delivery except Express Mail. Post offices closed. The postal unit at Shell, 1605 N.W. Sixth Ave., Camas, is open 5 a.m. to 2 a.m. every day of the year.
• PUBLIC SCHOOLS: Closed.
• COLLEGES: No classes at Clark College or Washington State University Vancouver.
• PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Fort Vancouver Regional Library open; Camas Public Library closed.
• BUSES: C-Tran and TriMet buses follow regular schedules. C-Tran administrative offices closed.
• GOVERNMENT: Offices closed.
• PARKING METERS: On-street parking in Vancouver is free Monday.
• BANKS: Most will be closed. Check your bank for details.
• U.S. FINANCIAL MARKETS: Open.
• DRIVER LICENSING: Closed.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Closed.
• EMISSIONS TESTING: Closed.
• CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES: Offices open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For outages or emergencies, call 360-992-8000.
• FIRSTENBURG COMMUNITY CENTER: Open.
• MARSHALL COMMUNITY CENTER: Open.
• ZOO: Oregon Zoo in Portland is open. Veterans, active military personnel, and accompanying family members will receive free admission today, and receive a 10 percent discount when purchasing food and gifts at the zoo. Families of deployed military personnel are eligible for the same benefits. Identification is required.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Open. Circulation customer service, 360-694-2312, is open 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.