The Portland VA Medical Center at 3710 S.W. U.S. Veterans Hospital Road in Portland will experience traffic changes due to construction.
The changes will begin Friday and last about five weeks. During that time, traffic in front of the main medical center on Hospital Road will be one-way. Drop off and pickup locations will be altered.
A printable map is available here: www.portland.va.gov/features/Images/Bollard2019TrafficMap_Final.jpg
• Public bus transportation (Tri-Met, C-Tran) will drop off and pick up passengers in front of building No. 103 just across from the main hospital building No. 100, near the flag pole.
• Taxis, ride share services and private vehicles will drop off and pick up in the patient/visitor parking area in the building No. 102 P2 parking garage area. There will be several short-term parking spaces available (15 minutes or less).
• VA shuttle buses, Veterans Transportation Service (VTS) and Disabled American Veterans (DAV) vehicles will still drop off and pick up in front of the main hospital building No. 101 (no major change).
• All CARE car/contracted patient transportation services will drop off and pick up behind the main hospital building No. 100 parking lot No. 7 in their designated area.
• All commercial delivery vehicles will unload behind the main hospital building No. 100 parking lot No. 7 in their designated loading docks.
• U.S. Veterans Hospital Road will not be accessible via Southwest Gaines Street.
• Bicyclists must walk their bicycles on the sidewalk when traveling opposite of the temporary one-way traffic section along U.S Veterans Hospital Road.
• Flaggers and traffic control personnel will be present during normal business hours to assist with traffic flow.
• Traffic directional signage will be posted.