Work to repair pavement on state Highway 500 will continue this week with a series of overnight ramp closures.
The Washington State Department of Transportation released the following schedule for ramp closures.
Tonight to Thursday morning:
• The Highway 500 westbound ramps to Interstate 205 northbound and southbound will close 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
• The Highway 500 westbound offramp to Northeast Thurston Way will close 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Thursday night to Friday morning:
• The I-205 southbound ramp to Highway 500 eastbound and Northeast 112th Avenue will close 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
n The Highway 500 eastbound ramp to I-205 northbound and Northeast 112th Avenue will close 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Friday night to Saturday morning:
• The Highway 500 eastbound ramp to I-205 southbound will close 8 p.m. to 10 a.m..
• The Highway 500 westbound ramp to I-205 southbound onramp will close 8 p.m. to 10 a.m.
Drivers should plan to use alternate routes during the overnight closures and expect delays of up to 20 minutes during lane closures.
All work is dependent on the weather and could be postponed due to rain.
Highway 500 is used by nearly 60,000 vehicles a day.
The state route was last paved in 2002.
Heavy use and freeze/thaw cycles have contributed to pavement deterioration.
The $6 million project is expected to continue until early fall.