Vancouver will hold three open houses in different parts of the city on A Stronger Vancouver, an ambitious plan to raise an additional $30 million annually in revenue.
Open houses are scheduled for:
• Westside, 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Red Cross Building, 605 Barnes St.
• Eastside, 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Firstenburg Community Center, 700 N.E. 136th Ave.
• Central, 4 to 7 p.m. Aug. 27, Water Resources Education Center, 4600 S.E. Columbia Way.
The Stronger Vancouver plan would raise $30 million from increases to business taxes, property taxes and miscellaneous taxes and fees.
The plan, which results from nearly two years of discussions and deliberations, was presented to the city council in March.
It would make several improvements to city services, including:
• Replace two fire stations and renovate three other stations.
• Create seven neighborhood parks and two community parks and improve 16 existing neighborhood and community parks.
• Build a new operations center for Vancouver Public Works.
• Make infrastructure improvements to four employment areas.
• Establish a cultural, arts and heritage program.
• Develop citywide traffic safety and pedestrian/bicycle improvement programs.
For more information, visit Stronger Vancouver’s website, www.strongervancouver.org.