Press "Enter" to skip to content

Small smoldering fire reported at commercial building in Hazel Dell

Firefighters responded Friday morning to a smoldering fire on the exterior of a commercial building in Hazel Dell.

Smoke seen coming from the building, 9413 N.E. Highway 99, prompted a call to 911 at 7:58 a.m., according to Dave Schmitke, spokesman for Clark County Fire District 6.

Two fire engines responded and arrived in less than two minutes. Schmitke said firefighters found a smoldering fire in the exterior of the building.

“We cut a 2-by-2-foot hole in the T-111 siding,” he said.

The fire was put out within 30 seconds with a fire extinguisher, according to Schmitke.

No one was evacuated from the building, and no one was hurt, Schmitke said. It’s possible the fire was smoldering all night, he said, and may have been caused by something like a cigarette butt.

The fire is under investigation and an official cause is not yet known.


Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    %d bloggers like this: