Vancouver’s Fireworks Spectacular at the Fort Vancouver National Site should be a blast, though getting to and from Thursday’s fireworks show could be more aggravating than exciting.
Drivers should be aware of road closures and restrictions near Fort Vancouver.
Roads closed all day:
• Fort Vancouver Way south of Mill Plain Boulevard.
• East Reserve Street south of Mill Plain Boulevard.
Roads closed beginning at 10 a.m.:
• Evergreen Boulevard, from West Reserve Street to U Street.
• Mill Plain Boulevard at Fort Vancouver Way.
• East Ninth Street at East Reserve Street.
• East Eighth Street at T Street.
• East Sixth Street at U Street.
• East Fifth Street at U Street.
Roads closed or restricted beginning at 6 p.m.:
• Interstate 5 northbound exit at Mill Plain Boulevard.
• I-5 southbound exit at Mill Plain Boulevard. Traffic, except for C-Tran buses, will be required to turn right and head west into downtown.
• Mill Plain Boulevard between Fort Vancouver Way and East Reserve Street.
Road closed beginning at 8 p.m.:
• Grand Boulevard between Evergreen Boulevard and East Fifth Street.
Roads closed or restricted starting at 9 p.m.:
• State Highway 14 westbound exit at Columbia House Boulevard-Grove Street.
• Highway 14 eastbound exit at Columbia Shores Boulevard-Columbia Way.
• All lanes on Fort Vancouver Way north of Mill Plain Boulevard will be used for northbound traffic only.
• No east-west travel on McLoughlin Boulevard across Fort Vancouver Way.
If all this sounds too confusing, then consider taking C-Tran’s free shuttle.
Shuttles depart from the 99th Street and Fisher’s Landing transit centers every 15 minutes, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., and return passengers to the two transit centers immediately after the fireworks end at about 10:25 p.m.