What’s open and what’s closed for the Fourth of July:
• MAIL: Post offices closed, no home delivery. The postal unit at Shell, 1605 N.W. Sixth Ave., Camas, is open 5 a.m. to 2 a.m. every day of the year.
• GARBAGE: Waste Connections, serving Vancouver and most of Clark County, on regular schedule. In Camas, city pickups normally made on Wednesdays will be made Thursday.
• PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Fort Vancouver Regional Library and Camas Public Library closed.
• COLLEGES: No classes at Clark College or Washington State University Vancouver.
• CLARK PUBLIC UTILITIES: Offices closed. For 24-hour customer service, call 360-992-3000. For outages or emergencies, call 360-992-8000.
• GOVERNMENT OFFICES: Closed.
• PARKING METERS: On-street parking in Vancouver is free.
• BUSES: C-Tran buses follow Sunday/holiday schedule. Also, C-Tran provides free service to Vancouver’s Fireworks Spectacular at Fort Vancouver National Historic Site, with shuttles departing from the 99th Street Transit Center and Fisher’s Landing Transit Center, about every 15 minutes from 6 to 8:30 p.m., and returning to the same locations immediately following the fireworks. TriMet buses follow Sunday schedule; MAX and Portland Streetcar follow Saturday schedule.
• DRIVER’S LICENSING: Closed.
• EMISSIONS TESTING: Closed.
• VEHICLE LICENSING: Closed.
• FINANCIAL MARKETS: U.S. markets closed.
• BANKS: Most closed; check your bank for details.
• ZOO: Oregon Zoo open. Free admission for military veterans, active military personnel and first responders and up to four family members.
• MARSHALL COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed.
• FIRSTENBURG COMMUNITY CENTER: Closed.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Offices closed. Circulation lines, 360-694-2312, open 6:30 to 11 a.m.