The city of Vancouver is looking for volunteers willing to write pro and con statements about the seven proposed amendments to the city charter. The statements will be included in the Voters’ Pamphlet ahead of the Nov. 5 general election.
The proposed charter amendments include:
• Expanding the Salary Review Commission and capping annual city council raises.
• Applying council candidate residency requirements to council appointments.
• Clarifying the process of filling city council vacancies by appointment.
• Revising the city’s claims and billing process.
• Clarifying the city’s ability to enter into contracts longer than five years.
• Reducing requirements to review entire ordinances when making changes to sections.
• Removing outdated language from the charter.
The statements are limited to 250 words and must be completed by Aug. 12. To volunteer, contact Jan Bader at 360-487-8606 or email@example.com.