Press "Enter" to skip to content

Child playing causes fire in Maplewood neighborhood

A child, while playing, sparked a fire between a duplex and house that displaced 26 people Sunday night in the Maplewood neighborhood, according to the Vancouver Fire Marshal’s Office.

Crews were dispatched at 7:14 p.m. to the blaze at 3305 E. 18th St. The fire, which caused heavy damage between two residential structures, was extinguished in 40 minutes, Vancouver Fire spokesman Joe Hudson said. No injuries were reported.

The most updated figure pins the damage costs at $350,000, Lead Deputy Fire Marshal Chad Lawry said. The child and family are slated to attend the Vancouver Fire Department’s Youth Firesetter Intervention Program.

A Facebook page and GoFundMe account have been created for the Arellano family, which includes eight people who were displaced.


Source: https://www.columbian.com

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    %d bloggers like this: