Update: The store reopened around 8:20 a.m.
Original story: Firefighters are at an east Vancouver grocery store trying to fix a carbon monoxide leak.
Vancouver Fire Department crews were dispatched to QFC at 3505 S.E. 192nd Ave. around 6:18 a.m. Friday morning due to alarm triggered by the gas.
Everyone got out of the store safely, said Public Information Officer Joe Hudson. No one was taken to the hospital for exposure, he said.
The fire department’s hazardous materials team has declared to building unsafe until repairs are made. Hudson said the team is unsure when the store will reopen.
“It could be an hour; it could be all morning,” he said.