Five state corrections employees working in Clark County have been honored with Department of Corrections Annual Agency Awards.
The awards recognize employees for “their continuous, outstanding work to improve public safety by positively changing lives as demonstrated by their accomplishments throughout the previous year,” according to an agency news release.
A total of 169 state corrections employees received awards out of 930 nominations. One of the award winners works at Larch Corrections Center near Yacolt. Four other local employees work at community supervision field offices and other Department of Corrections facilities in Clark County.
The following local employees received awards:
• Jennifer Kallio, community corrections officer, Vancouver Unit 1: Community Corrections Officer of the Year.
• Taylor Bergstrom, correctional officer, Larch Corrections Center: Correctional Officer of the Year.
• Gelinda Amell, community corrections program manager, west Vancouver Special Needs Unit: Outstanding Performer.
• Tamara Bull, corrections specialist, west Vancouver office: Team Excellence (Strength in Families — Responsible Fatherhood Opportunities for Reentry and Mobility, or ReFORM).
• Ryan Hogan, re-entry specialist, Vancouver office: Team Excellence (Strength in Families — Responsible Fatherhood Opportunities for Reentry and Mobility, or ReFORM).