Press "Enter" to skip to content

Dishwasher caused house fire in Sunnyside neighborhood

A dishwasher caused a house fire Feb. 22 in the Sunnyside neighborhood, according to a Clark County deputy fire marshal.

The homeowner started the dishwasher before leaving the two-story house at 11020 N.E. 87th St., and “it somehow caught on fire,” Deputy Fire Marshal Rick Searls said Tuesday.

The Vancouver Fire Department responded to the house at 8:59 a.m. Firefighters found no one home except for a dog, which was in a closed room away from the fire, said fire Capt. Pete Adams, public information officer for the agency.

The dog was carried out of the house and given to a neighbor before being reunited with its owners later in the day. It was uninjured and didn’t require medical attention.

Twenty-five firefighters tackled the fire, which caused significant damage and rendered the home uninhabitable, Adams said.

Searls said he did not have an estimate for the monetary loss resulting from the fire.


Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply

    %d bloggers like this: