What’s open and closed for New Year’s Day:
• MAIL: Post offices closed Wednesday, no home delivery. The postal unit at the Shell gas station, 1605 N.W. Sixth Ave., Camas, is open 5 a.m. to 2 a.m. every day of the year.
• BANKS: Most banks are closed Wednesday; check yours for details.
• GARBAGE: Waste Connections will not provide service Wednesday. Wednesday through Friday services will be delayed by one day all week in most of Clark County. In Camas, garbage and recycling normally picked up on Wednesday will be picked up Thursday. The remainder of the week is on the regular schedule in Camas.
• BUSES: Today, TriMet buses, Portland Streetcars and WES will offer free rides after 8 p.m., with MAX providing extended late-night service until 3 a.m., also free after 8 p.m. C-Tran will offer free service after 6 p.m. On Wednesday, C-Tran, TriMet buses, and Portland Streetcar will operate on a regular Sunday schedule. WES will not be in service.
• GOVERNMENT OFFICES: Closed Wednesday.
• EMISSIONS TESTING: Closed Wednesday.
• PUBLIC LIBRARIES: Closed Wednesday.
• FINANCIAL MARKETS: U.S. stock markets closed Wednesday.
• FIRSTENBURG COMMUNITY CENTER: Open 5:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, closed Wednesday.
• MARSHALL COMMUNITY CENTER: Open 5:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, closed Wednesday.
• ZOO: Oregon Zoo open.
• VANCOUVER MALL: Open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday. Hours for department stores, restaurants and theater may vary. The library in the mall will be closed Wednesday.
• THE COLUMBIAN: Offices closed Wednesday. Circulation customer service phone lines, 360-694-2312, open 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday, and 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Tuesday.